Rare disease nonprofit organizations deliver an invaluable service to the community, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Nonprofits nationwide are grappling with communicating hope while balancing the harsh reality of the pandemic's impact on their members' health, emotions, and finances.
Our keynote speaker is Michael Williams, Senior Consultant, Media Relations & Journalism, Board Veritas; contributor, CBS News Radio and moderator of Voice of America's multimedia program, “Issues in the News," heard by over 19 million listeners weekly. Michael’s vast experience and radio and television work have established him as one of the industry’s most trusted sources on issues including crisis communications.
This webinar is part of NORD's new COVID-19 Rapid Response Leadership Series.
- Understand the basics of crisis communications through practical examples (the good, the bad, the ugly)
- Learn to what it means to triage a crisis
- Know "the 3 pillars of crisis communications" and why they are integral to successfully navigating through a crisis
- Hear how a crisis can be an opportunity to meet fiscal challenges and become a trusted source of information
- Gain strategies on engaging your Board of Directors, including who should comment and who shouldn't
The NORD Team is here for you and your community. While this webinar is tailored for leaders of rare nonprofits, any member of the rare disease community can participate, listen and ask questions.
COVID-19 Rapid Response Leadership Series program(s) were made possible with support from Sanofi Genzyme, AveXis, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Vertex, and Blueprint Medicines.